While we hope that season ending injuries do not happen within the club, we have developed a comprehensive plan to support players who have been injured, assisting them to have a smooth and quick recovery.
The below areas have been highlighted as important to this process:
- Injury prevention – Pre-injury
- FIFA 11 pre-training program – this will be introduced and taught to all coaches prior to each season for their use pre-training. They may have their own injury prevention plan however it is in our best interest to provide them with a structured program for their information.
- Mental Support – Post-injury
- Referral to a sports psych for ongoing mental support
- Fortnightly/monthly catch ups with head coach on progress and to provide motivation and support.
- Physical Support – Post-injury
- Referral to PT that is experienced with the injury eg. ACL, broken leg, ankle. (Performance Edge Physiotherapy).
- Arrangement with Fitness First Deakin to provide a training facility and PT to injured players during their recovery and return to sport.
- Team Support – Post-injury
- Get well soon present organized by the team for the player.
- Ongoing support from teammates throughout season and post-season.
- Future Planning – Post -injury
- Planning in conjunction with physio and coach on return to sport
- Goal setting with coach and physio to achieve milestones
Return to sport testing and planning for first game back.