On 26 May the ACT Government released Canberras Recovery Plan a roadmap to easing of COVID restrictions leading to an eventual return to sport. You can see the plan here.
From Saturday 18th July 2020 we enter stage 3.0 of the plan. Like the previous stage, stage 3.0 continues to focus on social participation, training and activities within small groups while emphasising physical distancing, and personal and respiratory hygiene. This plan outlines our operational delivery of matches in the following leagues @ Deakin Stadium & Yarralumla Oval.
- Junior League and
- Senior League
- National Premier Leagues (Women and Girls)
- National Premier Leagues (Men)
- National Premier Leagues (Youth Boys)
Key changes from Stage 2.1 to Stage 3.0 include:
- Full competitive and non-competitive matches are permitted within the normal Laws of the Game
- Where possible, players should come ready to play
- Play only – get in, play, get out
- Social activities when games have concluded are discouraged. Club meetings must be limited to essential gatherings and within the government’s guidelines
- Spectator areas to meet gathering restrictions
- Continue to encourage limitation of spectators (no more than 2 spectators per player)
- Promote physical distancing of 1.5 metres between spectators
- Where clubs choose to use changerooms they must limit use to a maximum number of people that equals 1 person per 4sqm
- Canteens and BBQ’s are permitted in line with relevant government requirements.
Unfortunately COVID19 is still impacting on our daily lives. While there is a risk to the community and to our sport the Canberra Croatia Football Club and the Capital Football board will continue to uphold the safety, health and well being of our community and also remain flexible and able to respond to the changing circumstances each day. Thereby our progression will be determined by a number of checkpoints along the way so that the affect, (if any) of these changes can be assessed by the experts before moving to the next stage.
Canberra Croatia FC congratulates you all on your aptitude in following the return to football guidelines. The organisation and adherence of our coaches and the energy of our players is clearly visible during your training sessions… if only to get on the field and show the Canberra community the talent at our disposal.
To the parents of our players, thank you for the seamless implementation of our plan and the manner in which you all have conducted yourselves, particularly your attention to the personnel hygiene of your child. We all understand this situation is not ideal and at times can test our resolve, but hopefully if we persevere just a little longer we might find ourselves in a better place!
The following is the “Return to Football Guidelines stage 3.0 plan” for the Canberra Croatia Football Club.
Go through the document and familiarise yourself with the update. Should you require further clarification contact your coach or manger and if required forward your issue by email to our address for a response.
Parents – there are no changes to the logistics of transport to and from training, these guidelines remain the same.
As the process of easing restrictions continues we have not yet reached the day that CF announce a start to competitions, however we continue to work towards reducing the risks and closing in on a resumption date.